9th Working Conference on Verified Software: Theories, Tools, and Experiments
July 22-23, 2017, Heidelberg, Germany Co-located with the 29th International Conference on Computer-Aided Verification (CAV 2017)
The goal of the VSTTE conference series is to advance the state of the art in the science and technology of software verification, through the interaction of theory development, tool evolution, and experimental validation.
We welcome submissions describing significant advances in the production of verified software, i.e., software that has been proved to meet its functional specifications. Submissions of theoretical, practical, and experimental contributions are equally encouraged, including those that focus on specific problems or problem domains. We are especially interested in submissions describing large-scale verification efforts that involve collaboration, theory unification, tool integration, and formalized domain knowledge. We also welcome papers describing novel experiments and case studies evaluating verification techniques and technologies.
Topics of interest for this conference include education, requirements modeling, specification languages, specification/verification/certification case studies, formal calculi, software design methods, automatic code generation, refinement methodologies, compositional analysis, verification tools (e.g., static analysis, dynamic analysis, model checking, theorem proving, satisfiability), tool integration, benchmarks, challenge problems, and integrated verification environments.
We accept both long (limited to 16 pages) and short (limited to 10 pages) paper submissions. Short submissions also cover Verification Pearls describing an elegant proof or proof technique. Submitted research papers and system descriptions must be original and not submitted for publication elsewhere. Each submission will be evaluated by at least three members of the Program Committee. We expect that one author of every accepted paper will present their work at the conference.
Research paper submissions must be written in English using the LNCS LaTeX format and must include a cogent and self-contained description of the ideas, methods, results, and comparison to existing work.
Papers will be submitted via EasyChair at the VSTTE 2017 conference page. The post-conference proceedings of VSTTE 2017 will be published in the LNCS series. Authors of accepted papers will be requested to sign the copyright transfer form. A selection of best papers will be invited for publication in the Journal of Automated Reasoning.
- Abstract submission: Mon, Apr 24, 2017
- Full paper submission: Mon, May 1, 2017
- Notification: Mon, Jun 5, 2017
- VSTTE: Sat-Sun, Jul 22-23, 2017
- Camera-ready: Mon, Aug 21, 2017
Registration to VSTTE is part of the CAV registration process. VSTTE will take place at the Crowne Plaza hotel, Kurfürsten-Anlage 1, Heidelberg.
To be announced.
- June Andronick (University of New South Wales, Australia)
- Christel Baier (TU Dresden, Germany)
- Sandrine Blazy (Université de Rennes 1, France)
- Arthur Charguéraud (Inria, France)
- Ernie Cohen (Amazon Web Services, USA)
- Rayna Dimitrova (Max Planck Institute for Software Systems, Germany)
- Carlo A. Furia (Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden)
- Arie Gurfinkel (University of Waterloo, Canada)
- Hossein Hojjat (Rochester Institute of Technology, USA)
- Marieke Huisman (University of Twente, Netherlands)
- Bart Jacobs (KU Leuven, Belgium)
- Rajeev Joshi (NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, USA)
- Zachary Kincaid (Princeton University, USA)
- Akash Lal (Microsoft Research, India)
- Shuvendu Lahiri (Microsoft Research, USA)
- Francesco Logozzo (Facebook, USA)
- Peter Müller (ETH Zürich, Switzerland)
- Jorge A. Navas (SRI International, USA)
- Scott Owens (University of Kent, UK)
- Andrei Paskevich (Université Paris-Sud, France), co-chair
- Gerhard Schellhorn (Universität Augsburg, Germany)
- Peter Schrammel (University of Sussex, UK)
- Natarajan Shankar (SRI International, USA)
- Mihaela Sighireanu (Université Paris-Diderot, France)
- Julien Signoles (CEA LIST, France)
- Michael Tautschnig (Queen Mary University of London, UK)
- Tachio Terauchi (Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Japan)
- Oksana Tkachuk (NASA Ames Research Center, USA)
- Mattias Ulbrich (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany)
- Thomas Wies (New York University, USA), co-chair
- VSTTE 2005 (Zürich, Switzerland)
- VSTTE 2008 (Toronto, Canada)
- VSTTE 2010 (Edinburgh, Scotland)
- VSTTE 2012 (Philadelphia, USA, co-located with POPL 2012)
- VSTTE 2013 (Atherton, USA)
- VSTTE 2014 (Vienna, Austria, co-located with CAV 2014 as part of VSL 2014)
- VSTTE 2015 (San Francisco, USA, co-located with CAV 2015)
- VSTTE 2016 (Toronto, Canada, co-located with CAV 2016)